1. Which one of the following boundary separates the mantle from the crust?
(A) Mohorovic (B) Gutenburg
(C) Both 'a' and 'b' (D) None of these
(A) are a certain group of Paleolithic caves (B) is the technical term for pre-historic rock-cut caves
(C) are pre-historic burial monuments (D) are monoliths belonging to the Neolithic period
3. Which of the following literary sources refers to the agrarian condition of the post Gupta period?
(A) Rajtarangini of Kalhana (B) Dayabhaga of Jimutavahana
(C) Commentary on Manusmriti by Medhatithi (D) All of the above
4. WTO basically promotes–
(A) financial support (B) global peace
(C) unilateral trade (D) multi lateral trade
5. That during the post Gupta period the King was not the absolute owner of the land is proved by–
(A) kings buying the lands from individuals' for purposes of royal donations
(B) records of private land transactions
(C) individuals measuring and demarcating their lands
(D) All of the above
6. In Gupta period, the king's share of the produce was known as–
(A) Bhaga (B) Bhoga
(C) Kara (D) Hiranya
7. The palaeomagnetic results obtained from India indicate that in the past, the Indian land mass has moved–
(A) Northward (B) Southward
(C) Eastward (D) Westward
8. Which one of the following chemical compounds is responsible for the stimulation of tear glands by the onion?
(A) A phosphate compound (B) A nitrate compound
(C) A sulphide compound (D) A chloride compound
9. The hair dye available in the market contains two bottles, one containing dye and other containing hydrogen peroxide. The bottles are mixed before applying the dye. The function of hydrogen peroxide is–
(A) to dilute the dye (B) to oxidise the dye to give desired colour
(C) to reduce the dye to give desired colour (D) to acidify the dye solution
10. Liquid sodium is used for the heat transfer medium in some of nuclear reactor because–
(A) sodium has high rate of vapourisation (B) sodium has low density and high viscosity
(C) sodium has high specific heat than the most liquid metals (D) All of the above
11. When citizenship cannot be terminated?
(A) When there is an emergency (B) When there is a war
(C) When there are elections (D) It can be terminated regardless of the conditions
12. In which of the following ways an Indian citizenship be acquired?
(A) By descent (B) By naturalisation
(C) By registration (D) All of these
13. Which of the following classes cannot avail of some Fundamental Rights available to citizens?
(A) Enemy aliens (B) Friendly aliens
(C) All aliens (D) None of these
14. As per Railway Budget for 2011-12, the senior citizen concession for men has increased from–
(A) 25% to 30% (B) 30% to 40%
(C) 40% to 50% (D) 30% to 50%
15. Inclusive growth would necessiate–
(A) development of infrastructural facilities (B) revival of Agriculture
(C) Increase availability of social service such as education and health (D) All of the above
16. The Continental Drift Theory is given by–
(A) Alfered Wegener (B) Gutenburg
(C) Wiechert (D) None of these
17. Which one of the following is produced by rain water action?
(A) Gorge (B) Cliff
(C) Gully (D) Dome
18. Consider the following statements about Sudarshan lake. Which of them is correct?
(A) It was constructed by Pushyagupta, the Governor of Saurashtra region during Chandragupta Maurya
(B) Tushaap constructed a dam on the lake during Ashoka Maurya
(C) First reconstruction was undertaken by Governor Suvishakh during Saka satrap Rudradaman and 2nd by Chakrapalit during the reign of Skandgupta
(D) All of the above
19. Regarding the condition of women during Gupta, it cannot be said that–
(A) early marriage of girls was in vogue (B) women were selectively permitted to study the vedas
(C) women were permitted to learn dancing and music (D) widow remarriages were accepted
20. TRIPS and TRIMS are the terms associated with–
(A) IMF (B) WTO
(C) IBRD (D) IDA
21. Which one of the following specimens of Bengal architecture is regarded as the most ambitious structure of its kind in Eastern India?
(A) Bara Sona Masjid (B) Chhota Sona Masjid
(C) Adina Masjid (D) Tantipura Masjid
22. Which of the following specimens of Gujarat architecture has been declared as one of the most exquisite structures in the world by Fergusson?
(A) Teen Darwaza (B) Jama Masjid of Champaner
(C) Mosque of Rani Sipari (D) Tomb of Darya Khan
23. "You might see a few curious Danes around, but that is because-used to be Danish outpost. This quaint town with its fort and a beautiful church, the New Jerusalem, empty streets and deserted beachfront is a quaint gem." The place referred to in this quotation lies on the–
(A) Tamil Nadu coast (B) Kerala coast
(C) Karnataka coast (D) Goa coast
24. KO2 (Potassium superoxide) is used in oxygen cylinders in space and submarines because it–
(A) eliminates moisture (B) absorbs CO2
(C) produces ozone (D) produces CO2
25. Which of the following gland atrophies at the age of 15-17 years in man?
(A) Thymus gland (B) Thyroid gland
(C) Pancreas (D) Pitutiary gland