1. The currency of European Union is–
(A) Deutsche Mark (B) Great Britain Pound (GBP)
(C) Euro (D) Francs (Ans : C)
2. India has the maximum volume of foreign trade with–
(A) USA (B) Russia
(C) China (D) UK (Ans : C)
3. Who is currently the Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha?
(A) Rajnath Singh (B) L. K. Advani
(C) Sushma Swaraj (D) None of these (Ans : D)
4. Who is/was the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
(A) Akhilesh Yadav (B) Mayawati
(C) Kalyan Singh (D) Rajnath Singh (Ans : A)
5. Which one of the following observations is not true about the Quit India Movement of 1942 ?
(A) It was a non-violent movement
(B) It was led by Mahatma Gandhi
(C) It was a spontaneous movement
(D) It did not attract the labour class in general (Ans : C)
6. Which one of the following books is written by an Indian Author?
(A) Five Point Someone (B) Harry Potter
(C) Beautiful Mind (D) Animal Farm (Ans : A)
7. Which one of the following Indian Movies made it to the final nominations of Best Foreign Film Category at the Oscars?
(A) Paheli (B) 1947 The Earth
(C) Salaam Bombay (D) Black (Ans : C)
8. Saffron is obtained from which part of plants?
(A) leaf (B) stem
(C) anther and whole flower (D) stigma and style (Ans : D)
9. Department of Pharmaceuticals comes under which of these ministries?
(A) Ministry of Health (B) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
(C) Ministry of Food Processing (D) Ministry of Consumer Affairs (Ans : B)
10. Who was the author of the book named Setbji?
(A) Shobha De (B) Arundhati Roy
(C) Chetan Bhagat (D) Salman Rushdie (Ans : A)
11. Who is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)?
(A) Ratan Tata (B) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
(C) Anil Ambani (D) Narayana Murthy (Ans : B)
12. Who is currently the Chief Minister of Bihar?
(A) Nitish Kumar (B) Sharad Yadav
(C) Lalu Prasad Yadav (D) Mulayam Singh Yadav (Ans : A)
13. The pashmina is a variety of wool obtained from–
(A) Sheep (B) Cow
(C) Goat (D) Horse (Ans : C)
14. Which of the following is the main constituent of biogas?
(A) Methane and carbon dioxide (B) Methane and carbon monoxide
(C) Hydrogen and carbon dioxide (D) Butane and carbon dioxide (Ans : A)
15. Who is the writer of the International Bestseller ‘The White Tiger’?
(A) Aravind Adiga (B) Paul Coelho
(C) Chetan Bhagat (D) Salman Rushdie (Ans : A)
16. A present group of nations known as G-8 started first as G-7. Which one among the following was not one of them?
(A) Canada (B) Japan
(C) Italy (D) Russia (Ans : B)
17. The Security Council of UN consists of 5 permanent members, and the remaining 10 members are elected by the General Assembly for a term of–
(A) 1 year (B) 2 years
(C) 3 years (D) 5 years (Ans : B)
18. Which one of the following planets has largest number of satellites or moons?
(A) Jupiter (B) Mars
(C) Saturn (D) Venus (Ans : A)
19. Which one of the following rivers does not originate in India?
(A) Beas (B) Chenab
(C) Ravi (D) Sutlej (Ans : D)
20. Which one among the following South Asia countries has the highest population density?
(A) India (B) Pakistan
(C) Sri Lanka (D) Nepal (Ans : A)
21. Who won a Bronze medal for India in Boxing at the 2012 London Olympics?
(A) Mary Kom (B) Vijendra Singh
(C) Sushil Kumar (D) Vijay Kumar (Ans : A)
22. Who among the following is the founder of World Economic Forum?
(A) Klaus Schwab (B) John Kenneth Galbraith
(C) Joseph Stiglitz (D) Paul Krugman (Ans : A)
23. In the context of alternative sources of energy, ethanol as a viable bio-fuel can be obtained from–
(A) Potato (B) Rice
(C) Sugarcane (D) Wheat (Ans : C)
24. Who is the founder of Facebook?
(A) Mark Zuckerberg (B) Mark Twain
(C) Steve Jobs (D) Bill Gates (Ans : A)
25. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
(A) Steve Jobs (B) Bill Gates
(C) Mark Biondi (D) Bill Clinton (Ans : B)
26. Give the full form of WPI–
(A) World Population Index (B) Wholesale Price Index
(C) World Price Index (D) Wholesale Production Index (Ans : B)
27. Who amongst the following actors has never won an Oscar for the Best Actor in a Hollywood film?
(A) Al Pacino (B) Jack Nicholson
(C) Daniel Day Lewis (D) Leonardo Di Caprio (Ans : D)
28. The salaries and allowances of the Judges of the High Court are charged to the–
(A) Consolidated Fund of India (B) Consolidated Fund of the State
(C) Contingency Fund of India (D) Contingency Fund of the State (Ans : B)
29. During the time of which Mughal Emperor did the English East India Company establish its first factory in India?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir
(C) Shahjahan (D) Aurangzeb (Ans : B)
30. Who recently took over the chairmanship of the Tata Group ?
(A) Azim Premji (B) Cyrus Mistry
(C) Ratan Tata (D) Adi Misry (Ans : B)
31. Who won a Bronze medal for India in Badminton at the 2012 London Olympics?
(A) Saina Nehwal (B) Sania Mirza
(C) Pulela Gopichand (D) Prakash Padukone (Ans : A)
32. In which country did the first Marxist revolution take place–
(A) Germany (B) Italy
(C) Great Britain (D) Russia (Ans : D)
33. Which one of the following countries was never taken over by any European power as a colony?
(A) Thailand (B) Brunei
(C) Indonesia (D) Singapore (Ans : A)
34. Who won the 2011 Cricket World Cup that took place in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh ?
(A) Pakistan (B) Sri Lanka
(C) West Indies (D) India (Ans : D)
35. Monetary Policy decisions in India are taken by–
(A) Reserve Bank of India (B) Government of India
(C) State Bank of India (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
36. General Measures to study rural-urban disparities–
(A) Sex ratio, Literacy Rate, Per Capita Income
(B) Credit Allocation, Sex Ratio, literacy Rate, Per Capita Income
(C) Per Capita Income, Physical Quality of Life Index, Sex Ratio, literacy Rate, Credit Allocation
(D) None of the above (Ans : C)
37. “World Development Report” is an annual publication of–
(A) United Nations Development Programme
(b) International Bank of Reconstruction and Development
(C) International Monetary Fund
(D) World Trade Orzanisation (Ans : B)
38. In the context of the Indian freedom struggle, 16th October 1905 is well known for which one of the following reasons?
(A) The formal proclamation of Swadeshi Movement was made in Calcutta Town hall
(B) Partition of Bengal took effect
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji declared that the goal of Indian National Congress was Swaraj
(D) LokmanyaTilak started Swadeshi Movement in Poona (Ans : B)
39. Who was the captain of the Indian cricket team that won the Under-19 World Cup in 2012?
(A) Pankaj Singh (B) Virat Kohli
(C) Unmukt Chand (D) Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ans : C)
40. Which of the following country does not follow Euro as their currency?
(A) Germany (B) Belgium
(C) Switzerland (D) Portugal (Ans : C)