KBC 6– Episode 49 Questions
1. According to Hindu mythology, who incarnated as Rama in the Treta Yuga and as Krishna in the Dwapara Yuga?
(A) Shiva, (B) Ganesha,
(C) Brahma, (D) Vishnu
2. Which police officer’s biography is titled ‘I Dare!’?
(A) Kiran Bedi (B) J. F. Ribeiro
(C) Hemant Karkare (D) K. P. S. Gill
3. In the Kurukshetra war, Arjuna shot arrows at Bhishma hiding behind which character?
(A) Dhrishtadyumna (B) Shikhandi
(C) Satyaki (D) Virata
4. In which city are the tomb of Ibrahim Lodi and the samadhi of king Hemu located?
(A) Delhi (B) Agra
(C) Paniput (D) Ambala
5. In which of these areas in India would you find the ‘kiang’ the largest variety of Asiatic wild ass?
(A) Kutch (B) Bundelkhand
(C) Ladakh (D) Dooars
6. Starting with the least, arrange these cloth items according to the amount of cloth normally required to make them.
(A) Saree (B) Blouse
(C) Handkerchief (D) Pyjama
7. Which of these proverbs would you use to describe someone getting married?
(A) Haath Baandhna (B) Haath Phailana
(C) Haath Peeley Karna (D) Haath Laal Karna
8. How many queens are there in a game of carrom?
(A) 2 (B) 1
(C) 3 (D) 4
9. Javitri, used as a spice, is the fragrant part of the kernel of what ?
(A) Saffron (B) Cumin
(C) Black pepper (D) Nutmeg
10. What part of the body is normally cut open during an appendix operation?
(A) Abdomen (B) Chest
(C) Head (D) Neck
11. According to the Bhagavat Purana, who among the following once changed the course of the river Yamuna with a plough?
(A) Krishna (B) Kamsa
(C) Balarama (D) Bhima
12. Which of these Indian states has six states sharing its boundary?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Chattisgarh
(C) Andhra Pradesh (D) Rajasthan
13. Which of these did German scientists Fntz Haber and Karl Bosch synthesise through an industrial process in 1909?
(A) Ammonia (B) Methane
(C) Nitrogen (D) Oxygen
14. Who is the director of the film ‘Mitr’, My Friend which had primarily an all female filming crew?
(A) Aparna Sen (B) Revathi
(C) Sai Paranjpe (D) Deepa Mehta
15. What title did Mahatma Gandhi give to his 1908 translation of John Ruskin’s work, “Unto the Last?”
(A) Satyagraha (B) Sarvodaya
(C) Ahimsa (D) Khilafat
16. Who is the only Indian to have won a gold medal in the 100m sprint at the Asian Games?
(A) Ajmer Singh (B) M. Gabriel
(C) Kennath Powell (D) Lavy Pinto