Indian Politics Quizzes1. The strength of the Constituent Assembly, after the withdrawal of the Muslim League,was reduced to–
(A) 299 members (B) 329 members
(C) 342 members (D) 359 members
2. The Preamble was proposed before the drafting Committee by–
(A) B. N. Rao (B) B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru (D) Sardar Patel
3. On which day the first meeting of the constituent assembly were held?
(A) 9 December, 1946 (B) 16 August, 1947
(C) 26 January,1946 (D) 30 January, 1947
4. How many committees were set up by the Constituent Assembly for framing the Constitution of India?
(A) Thirteen (B) Nine
(C) Seventeen (D) Seven
5. Who among the following was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee?
(A) Lord Mountbatten (B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (D) Pand. J. L.Nehru
6. 'Bill of Rights and Judicial Review' of the Indian Constitution was incorporated from–
(A) Ireland (B) U.S.A.
(C) England (D) Canada
7. Directive Principles of the Indian constitution was incorporated from–
(A) England (B) Ireland
(C) U.S.A. (D) Canada
8. The Constitution of India was enacted by a Constituent Assembly set up–
(A) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan,1946
(B) Under a resolution of the Provincial Government
(C) Under the Indian Independence Act,1947
(D) By the Indian National Congress
9. Which one of the following acted as the Provinsional President of the Constituent Assembly?
(A) C. Rajagopalachari (B) D. Sachhidanand Sinha
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (D) J. L. Nehru
10. The words "Satyameva Jayathe", inscribed on the National Emblem,are taken from–
(A) Jataka (B) Mundaka Upanishad
(C) Mahabharatha (D) Puranas