Indian History Quiz Questions1. The main aim of Alauddin Khalji in controlling the market was to–
(A) Minimise the expenditure of the army
(B) Provide food grains and other essential commodities at cheaper rates to the people of his empire
(C) Increase the income of the state
(D) Suppress the greed of the traders
2. Which of the following is the most important statement which shows the real greatness of Akbar as a ruler?
(A) He tried to encourage inter-religious marriages
(B) He set up a revenue system based on average crop estimates
(C) He established Din-i-Ilahi incorporating the principles of many religions
(D) He tried to unite India into a single nation
3. The Renaissance can be traced to the year–
(A) 800 A.D. (B) 1066 A.D.
(C) 1215 A.D. (D) 1453 A.D.
4. The immediate cause of Martin Luther's protest against the Papal authority was–
(A) The involvement of clergy in politics (B) Sale of indulgences
(C) Corruption in monasteries (D) Immoral life of the pope
5. The country where the process of industrial revolution started first of all in Europe was–
(A) France (B) England
(C) Germany (D) Italy
6. The birth place of Nepolean is–
(A) Sicily (B) Paris
(C) Corsica (D) Malta
7. The last battle which Nepolean fought and was defeated was–
(A) The battle of Tarafalgar (B) The battle of Waterloo
(C) The battle of Austerlitz (D) The battle of Russia
8. The main cause of Nepolean's downfall was due to–
(A) His becoming a dictator (B) The battle fought against Russia
(C) The civil war in Spain (D) Continental system
9. The propounder of national feelings in Italy was–
(A) Cavour (B) Garibaldi
(C) Mazzini (D) Emameul
10. The army organized by Garibaldi was–
(A) Young Italy (B) Carbonarie
(C) Red Shirts (D) Fascist organization
11. The International Court of Justice is situated in–
(A) Hague (B) Rome
(C) Geneva (D) New York
12. The Hero of the American war of Independence was–
(A) Abraham Lincoln (B) Thomas Jafferson
(C) George Washington (D) Franklin
13. U.S.A. elebrates her Independence Day on–
(A) February 4 (B) July 4
(C) January 8 (D) June 4
14. The First Viceroy who was appointed in India was–
(A) Wellesley (B) Dalhousie
(C) Lord Canning (D) Lord Linlithgo
15. In the ancient time Iraq was known as–
(A) Babylon (B) Abysina,
(C) Syria (D) Mesopotamia
16. Which place is associated with Salt Satyagraha–
(A) Ahmedabad (B) Chaura-Chauri
(C) Dandi (D) Nagpur
17. When did battle of Ghaghara take place?
(A) 1529 A. D. (B) 1527 A. D.
(C) 1528 A. D. (D) 1525 A. D.
18. From which 26th January was the new Indian Constitution introduced?
(A) 1947 (B) 1950
(C) 1952 (D) 1957
19. Which of the following was a sea port found in the Indus Valley Civilisation ?
(A) Tamralipti (B) Lothal
(C) Bhrigukaccha (D) Rangpur
20. The original home of the Aryans was Arctic region. Who of the following propounded this theory ?
(A) Max Muller (B) A. C. Dass
(C) B. G. Tilak (D) Pragtier