UNO Quiz Questions and Answers
(A) Geneva (B) Paris
(C) Rome (D) Stockholm
2. The International Criminal Police Organisation (known as Interpol) has its headquarters at –
(A) Bonn (B) London
(C) Paris (D) Montreal
3. South Sudan, which became the 193rd member of the UN, is in the continent of –
(A) Asia (B) Africa
(C) Europe (D) South America
4. Which one of the following principal organs of the UN specifically works on economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems ?
(A) UN Secretariat under the super vision of the Secretary–General
(B) Trusteeship Council
(C) Economic and Social Council
(D) Security Council
5. The International Atomic Energy Agency was created under the aegis of the UN in –
(A) 1945 (B) 1946
(C) 1955 (D) 1957
6. Which of the following international agencies of the UN is concerned with the promotion of safety of international civil aviation ?
(A) IDA (B) ITU
(C) IAEA (D) ICAO
7. Which day is observed as the Commonwealth Day by member countries ?
(A) 24th May (B) 24th October
(C) 14th November (D) 27th December
8. Who is the President of the international Olympic Committee?
(A) Ashwini Kumar (B) Juan Antonio Samaranch
(C) Jacques Rogge (D) None of these
9. Who is the Chairperson of the UN Human Rights Commission ?
(A) Navanethem Pillay (B) Omar Khabaj
(C) Domingo L Siazon (D) None of these
10. Who is the Secretary–General of the Commonwealth ?
(A) Kenneth Kaunda (B) Dr. Oliver Tomo
(C) Sridath Ramphal (D) Kamalesh Sharma
11. What is the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) ?
(A) Group of 53 former colonies of Britain
(B) Group of 12 former republics of dissolved USSR
(C) Group of 10 Latin American countries
(D) Group of Islamic countries in Saudi Arabia region
12. Who among the following is the Secretary–General of SAARC ?
(A) Ahmed Saleem (B) Maj. Gen. Randhir Mehta
(C) Najat Al–Hajjaji (D) Alavaro Silva Calderon
13. The headquarters of Asian Development Bank is located in which of the following cities ?
(A) Jakarta (B) Singapore
(C) Bangkok (D) Manila
14. The Group of 77 is a/an –
(A) Economic group (B) Political group
(C) Social group (D) Cultural group