Good Political Science Questions1. Which one of the following books was known as the ‘Bible of Modern Bengalee Patriotism’ ?
(A) Gora (B) Anand Math
(C) Wreck (D) Dev Das
2. The ‘Loyal Mohammedans of India’ was a journal started by—
(A) Shah Nawaj Khan (B) Maulana Azad
(C) M. A. Jinnah (D) Sir Sayed Ahmad Khan
3. Who for the first time framed the draft of Indian Constitution ?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (D) Motilal Nehru
4. The Drafting Committee was appointed by the Constituent Assembly on—
(A) 29th August, 1947 (B) 25th November, 1947
(C) 26th December 1947 (D) 15th August, 1948
5. If the States fail to carry out directives of the Union Government, the President can—
(A) send reserve police to the state
(B) impose President’s rule on the state
(C) direct the Governor to dismiss the State Council of Ministers
(D) send army for their implementation
6. The most essential feature of a federal government is—
(A) Supremacy of parliament
(B) Supremacy of judiciary
(C) Division of powers between the Federal and State governments
(D) Single citizenship
7. What is true about Fundamental Rights ?
(A) They are restrictions imposed upon the State
(B) They are justiciable
(C) They have a Legal Sanction behind them
(D) All the above
8. What is the present position of the Right to Property ?
(A) There is no right to property at all
(B) Property can be taken away without any compensation by the State, though it is still a Fundamental Right
(C) Right to Property has been deleted from the Constitution
(D) It is a legal right and not a Fundamental Right
9. Who among the following Presidents was elected unanimously ?
(A) R. Venkataraman (B) N. Sanjeeva Reddy
(C) V. V. Giri (D) Radhakrishnan
10. Under which Article of the Constitution do we find the provisions relating to the election of
the President ?
(A) Article 54 (B) Article 55
(C) Article 56 (D) Article 57
11. The Council of Ministers includes—
(A) the Cabinet Ministers (B) the State Minister
(C) the Deputy Ministers (D) all the above
12. Under Article 83(2) the term of Lok Sabha can be extended by a Parliamentary law during emergency for a period not exceeding—
(A) four years at a time (B) one year at a time
(C) five years at a time (D) six months at a time
13. The Sessions Judge in the district is above the—
(A) Criminal Courts (B) Revenue Courts
(C) Civil Courts (D) all of these
14. Under which Article is it possible to appoint the same person as the Governor of two or more States?
(A) Article 135 (B) Article 152
(C) Article 173 (D) Article 153
15. ‘Param’ is a—
(A) 64-NODEC supercomputer
(B) 40 MW reactor
(C) Zero energy experimental thermal reactor
(D) 100 MW high power nuclear research reactor
16. The Narora Atomic Power Station is situated in the state of—
(A) Rajasthan (B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Karnataka
17. Which of the following Statements is correct ?
(A) the urban local government depends for the funds on the State Government only
(B) the local government depends for the finances on the Centre only
(C) the local government raises its funds largely locally
(D) None of the above
18. Patronage Bureaucracy is also known as—
(A) Civil Service (B) Elitist Bureaucracy
(C) Spoils System (D) Career Bureaucracy
19. Which one of the following is not a cause responsible for communalism in India?
(A) Social Legacy (B) Colonial Legacy
(C) Religious Fanaticism (D) Institutions with Communal prefixes
20. Which of the following can play a vital role in removing regional disparity?
(A) Bureaucracy (B) State
(C) Civil servants (D) Judiciary