General Studies : Solved Paper
1. The Darghah of Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya lies in—
(A) Agra (B) Ajmer (C) Delhi (D) Fatehpur-Sikri (Ans : C)
2. ‘Purna Swarajya’ was announced in the Indian National Congress Session of—
(A) Karachi (B) Lahore (C) Calcutta (D) Nagpur (Ans : B)
3. Arrange the following events in the chronological order and select the correct answer from the codes given below—
1. Non-cooperation movement. 2. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
3. Gandhi’s Champaran Satyagrah. 4. Civil Disobedience Movement.
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 1 2 4 3 (Ans : C)
4. “Indian Nationalism was the child of the British Raj.” Who made this statement ?
(A) Bipin Chandra (B) R. Coupland (C) R. C. Majumdar (D) P. E. Roberts (Ans : B)
5. The first President of the Sovereign Constituent Assembly for the Dominion of India was—
(A) C. Rajagopalachari (B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (C) Rajendra Prasad (D) Sachidananda Sinha
(Ans : D)
6. The Pakistan resolution was adopted by the Muslim League in—
(A) February 1922 (B) December 1928 (C) March 1940 (D) September 1944 (Ans : C)
7. Which one of the following rights was described by B. R. Ambedkar as “The Heart and Soul of the Constitution” ?
(A) Right of freedom of religion (B) Right to property
(C) Right to equality (D) Right to constitutional remedies (Ans : D)
8. Whcih Article of the Constitution of India lays down the procedure for the amendment in the Constitution ?
(A) 348 (B) 358 (C) 368 (D) 378 (Ans : C)
9. Under which Article of the Constitution of India Supreme Court safeguards the fundamental rights of the Indian citizens ?
(A) 74 (B) 56 (C) 16 (D) 32 (Ans : D)
10. The President of India may declare National Emergency if there is threat of—
1. External aggression 2. Internal disturbances
3. Armed rebellion 4. Communal clashes
Select the correct answer from the code given below—
Codes :(A) 1 and 2 only (B) 2 and 3 only
(C) 3 and 4 only (D) 1 and 3 only (Ans : A)
11. Which one of the following is a Directive Principle of the State Policy ?
(A) Uniform civil code (B) Freedom of the press
(C) Freedom of the religion (D) Equality before law (Ans : A)
12. Which city of Turkey is the ‘Gateway to the West’ ?
(A) Ankara (B) Adana (C) Izmir (D) Istanbul (Ans : D)
13. Falkland current flows along the—
(A) Eastern coast of Australia (B) Western coast of South Africa
(C) Eastern coast of Argentina (D) Eastern coast of Japan (Ans : C)
14. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
(A) Cyprus – Baghdad (B) Lebanon – Beirut
(C) Turkey – Ashgabat (D) Ukraine – Akmola (Ans : B)
15. Bosporus strait connects—
(A) Black Sea and Aegean Sea (B) Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(C) Adriatic Sea and Mediterranean Sea (D) Black Sea and Sea of Marmara (Ans : D)
16. The largest producer of petroleum in the world is—
(A) Kuwait (B) Iran (C) Saudi Arabia (D) Russia (Ans : C)
17. India played its 100th Cricket Test Match with—
(A) Australia (B) South Africa (C) West Indies (D) Sri Lanka (Ans : D)
18. Dada Sahab Phalke Award 2007 was given to—
(A) Lata Mangeshkar (B) Kishore Kumar (C) Manna Dey (D) Mohammad Rafi (Ans : C)
19. Tsunami killed hundreds of people in September 2009 in—
(A) Hawaii Islands (B) Marshall Islands (C) Samoa Islands (D) Norfolk Islands (Ans : C)
20. The winner of the Durand Cup 2009 is—
(A) Churchill Brothers (B) East-Bengal Club (C) Mahindra United (D) Mohun Bagan (Ans : D)
21. The name of the new research station being set-up in Antarctica by India is—
(A) Dakshin Gangotri (B) Bharti (C) Dakshinayan (D) Maitri (Ans : D)
22. The working of a jet engine is based upon the conservation of—
(A) Mass (B) Energy (C) Linear momentum (D) Angular momentum (Ans : C)
23. The law of planetary motion were enunciated by—
(A) Newton (B) Keplar (C) Galileo (D) Copernicus (Ans : B)
24. Leprosy is caused by—
(A) Bacteria (B) Virus (C) Fungus (D) Protozoa (Ans : A)
25. The gaseous pollutant responsible for acid rain is—
(A) Carbon dioxide (B) Methane (C) Ammonia (D) Sulphur dioxide (Ans : D)
26. The unit of heredity in our body is called—
(A) Chromosome (B) DNA (C) Gene (D) Nucleus (Ans : C)
27. Who among the following Pakistani national was awarded ‘Bharat Ratna’ by the Indian Government ?
(A) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (B) Liaqat Ali Khan (C) M. A. Jinnah (D) Muhammad Iqbal (Ans : A)
28. ‘Ashtadhyayi’ was written by—
(A) Vedavyas (B) Panini (C) Shukadeva (D) Valmiki (Ans : B)
29. The number of Puranas is—
(A) 16 (B) 18 (C) 19 (D) 21 (Ans : B)
30. Which of the following Mughal Emperors granted duty-free trading facilities to the English in Bengal ?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Bahadur Shah (D) Farrukhsiyar (Ans : B)